For starters, regular bras are not made to offer the comfort and support that you so desperately need as your breasts become bigger, more sensitive and not to mention heavier. On the other hand, maternity bras are designed to offer your enlarging breasts and also your expanding rib cage the needed support as well as reduce the increased strain that your chest muscles experience. When buying a mommy bra, you will need to:
• Choose a bra that will allow one-handed easy access with a lot of support.
• Ensure that the band fits on the last hook. Your rib cage will reduce in size once baby comes and this will help in adjusting the band to the right fit.
• Make sure that you buy bras that do not pinch, ride up your back or put any unnecessary tension on your shoulders.
• Choose a bra that has a minimum of 5% spandex. This will allow for the fluctuating breast changes as they fill with milk and reduce after nursing.
• Ensure that the bra has sufficient room to place a bra pad to prevent leaking
And finally, don’t forget to buy lingerie that will be comfortable when you sleep. Get a sleeping bra that will help in reducing back pain while enabling you to remain fit both during and after the pregnancy.
Le Bustiere Boutique
1744 Columbia RD NW #2
Washington, DC 20009